Here are few photographs from Monday’s ceremony where CALTRANS transferred control of the former “Highway 4” to Oakley, Brentwood, and the former “Highway 4 Bypass” was designated “State Route 4.”
- US Congressman Jerry McNerney
- Senator Mark DeSaulnier
- Assemblywoman Joan Buchanan
- Supervisor Federal Glover
- Supervisor Mary Piepho
- Brentwood Mayor Bob Taylor
- Oakley Councilman Jim Frazier
- Randy Iwasaki, Executive Director Contra Costa Transportation Authority
- Dale Dennis, Project Manager Dale
- Bijan Sartipi, CALTRANS Director
The list could go on, but the above gives an example of how important this event was to the community and the future of East County when people like this show up to the event.
My only beef with the coverage was the Contra Costa Times did not even cover the actual event while the Brentwood Press chose an angle of talking about the project rather than the actual event–no big deal, just a difference of opinion on how the story should have been written.
I’d of gotten creative and talked to as many people as possible and used their quotes to tell the story as opposed to recycling old information from prior stories.
On a side note, one forgotten fact in this whole transfer is while Brentwood and Oakley will have the biggest impact, Contra Costa County actually received the most road from this transfer.